Wednesday 9 October 2013

Photography Course - Week 2 Shutter Speed & Exposure Task

Hi,

So the second week of the course is here already!
I have had a little practise with the ISO from last week, mainly just taking photos of our daughter.

Today was all about shutter speed and getting the correct exposure. I have played with shutter speed before (usually using the shutter speed mode on the camera though) Most of the photographs I took were using a low shutter speed as the light conditions were not great for fast shutter.
Exposure was really interesting and something I have never changed (as I did not know how!) I am hoping now that in the future all of my photographs will be correctly exposed.
There are a lot of different aspects to remember when using the manual setting but I think I am getting there and I am very pleased with some of the results.

These are a few of my favourite shoots from this week.
This is my favourite of all the shots I took as I managed to capture all three colours on the traffic lights. This was taken using a shutter speed of 20 seconds, aperture of f20 and ISO of 100

I really enjoyed taking these and I am very happy with how they turned out. Looking forward to next weeks lesson. 

Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment