Wednesday 25 September 2013

Photography Course - Week 1 ISO Tasks


Hello and thank you for taking the time to have a look at my blog, 
Ok so this is my first blog, Where to start.... I am 26, married and have a beautiful 6 month old daughter. 
My husband and I enjoy taking photos, usually on holiday, days out or family events and obviously now we take a lot of photos of our daughter. I love looking at photographs and the emotions they can arouse so I have enrolled on a photography course at King Edward College, and I am in the process of completing an online photography course as well, with the hope that I can learn how to capture some amazing shots. 

These are a few shoots that I have taken over the last year that I am really pleased with. (these were obviously all before I started any photography courses)


Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
Yosemite National Park 
Route 66
My Husband with our Daughter
Husband and Daughter


The first class at college was about getting used to our DSLR cameras and experimenting with ISO and composition. Now I am pretty familiar with our camera (although I do always have the instruction book in the bag just in case!) however I will admit that while I will change shutter speeds and aperture I leave the ISO on auto. So experimenting with this and seeing the effect it has on the final image was interesting and fun. 

We had a go in the room so we all knew how to change the ISO and could see the results, then we went outside and had to take our own photographs changing the ISO but trying to use some composition techniques we had discussed. 

With these photographs I was trying to use the rule of thirds. I am quite pleased with how these turned out. 


With these I was using an "up close" composition. I like how they turned out and think it has picked out some good detail. 


These are my favourites of all the photographs I took. I was trying to get a different perspective and think it turned out pretty good. I like the dramatic effect that getting a low angle has created. 





I am looking forward to our next class and look forward to practising some new skills.
Well that is it for this entry. Thank you for reading.

Nicki x 

No comments:

Post a Comment